Thanks Sam & Chris for sharing your experiences.
Rob, I remember the discussion from a few years ago and decided to raise it
again to see if any opinions have changed or whether Rapport itself has
improved and become more Mac friendly.
A lot has changed over the last few years in terms of hackers' ability to trick
one or get past security online and banks are understandably tightening up
their response. There must still be many dodgy passwords out there.
As I mentioned originally there may come a time sooner rather than later that
even after ticking the box online to say one has read the blurb about how
essential it is to have Rapport installed, one has gone one’s own way and not
installed it, the bank may play hard ball in the event of  a loss of funds
through a hack.
Maybe there are other bits of software which are more Mac friendly than Rapport
and would give one a fig-leaf of defence in an argument with one’s bank in the
event of a hack?
Nick