> My personal opinion is worth way less than John's, but I'd still like
> insert it here.  I was dramatically affected by a software product that
> I don't even subscribe to, so I'm somewhat curious why you would defend
> them so readily at this juncture.  Perhaps they aren't totally to
> blame.  But perhaps you are unaware of some of the ramifications of
> this
> foul-up.  I'm not sure.   But if you were affected by a service that
> you
> didn't have any connection to the way I was, perhaps it would be a
> different story.

I am not so much defending the way the company handled it or such but am
stating that hey things happen, lets not over react.

And I understand completely. In my example, I nor my company nor my servers
were using the content filtering that was involved. But just the night
before while investigating a problem at the office of my biggest client, I
found that there was a group of users accessing websites from the office
that were causing problems bandwidth problems that those office managers had
complained about. So I enabled the content filtering for all offices. I then
sent an email to the management of the action I took pending further
investigation. Well, at 7:00 AM the next morning, before I knew exactly what
was happening or the extent of it, I had the CEO of the company on the phone
screaming at me threatening legal action since their offices could not get
on-line to process financial transactions that their customers were
depending on.

John T