Phil, or Alberto,

If you are there, the QS1R is making more sense. I have it tuned to 10.7 MHz
and R9000 is scanning the H-band with HRD. Now what is puzzling is that the IF
signal is displaying and generating a waterfall but the shape of the IF signal
is frozen as if it was doing a peak hold function (checked, its not on).  I
found out that I can move the cursor around the IF band which is neat and the
IF bandspread will even scan with the HRD as it does on its computer. The only
bad about this picture is that the analyzed signal on the QS1R computer is just
frozen and I can not unfreeze it like it is responding in real time.  I
wondered if the IF signal was weak so I put a JIM preamp between the R9000 and
the QS1R but that did nothing. In other situations the JIM does amplify about
-5 to +20 db in this frequency range. But either way the QS1R does not act like
its alive.

Rachel.