-Draise

From: Rares Halmagean
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎August‎ ‎28‎, ‎2013 ‎13‎:‎59‎ ‎
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

+1. Updated modeling and real-time features would be boon for asset creation.

On 8/28/2013 1:31 PM, Tim Crowson wrote:

But the problem with the current display options is that it forces you into
specific workflows for animating characters with displacement. Namely, that you
have to avoid generating any large-form surface changes via displacement (and
sometimes even medium-to-small-scale features as well), for fear that animation
will create surface intersections. If the animators don't know where the final
limit surface is, how will they know if meshes are intersecting? Not everything
can be a sim.

IMHO, Softimage is a weird creature: it is so elegant and powerful, but has
these frankly rudimentary display options... Even Modo has had GL displacement,
bump, and spec for several years now, without having to create any realtime
shaders. And as politely as I can put it, "High Quality" viewport is anything
but.

-Tim