that looks like the deep scatter radius is way too high, are you sure it's
within a reasonable range? try disabling it temporarily and see if it goes
away.

it could also be a model issue perhaps, is the model closed around the
eyes, or is there anything else that might cause the sss to go crazy?

also, been a while since I spent time in sitoa, but these days there seems
to be both a shader called "skin_sss" and one called just "skin", both have
a radius multiplier.

--
Andreas Byström
Weta Digital