Interestingly, you could flip that around and apply that to a Maya/Max
guy/studio talking about Softimage. In fact more often than not, they did.

From: Christoph Muetze <c...@glarestudios.de<mailto:c...@glarestudios.de>>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 18:04:56 +0100
To: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>"
<softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>>
Subject: Re: Idea- Just keep Mental Ray and FBX support - Softimage free w/Maya
or Max or any Suite.

On 15/03/14 17:24, Greg Punchatz wrote:

I want to use the best out of the box 3d DCC app in the world, if one day that
is Maya, I am all aboard.  Right now it is not, its kinda just a fact.

I'm so with you on this..

We did take Autodesks offer a while back and upgraded two of our groups seats
to the Maya Entertainment Creative Suit. Mainly for Mudbox, but also to have a
deep look at Maya.

Fast forward 1 year and i'm more than convinced that Maya doesn't offer what i
need on a day to day basis.

It's not only that there are many things not available in Maya but also that
the tools that are available take more time away from me than their Softimage
counterparts. And in the field that i work in with its super tight deadlines
(where you have days, sometimes only hours to deliver) every click counts.

If anyone can beat me with another tool i will instantly drop Softimage. But
this hasn't happened so far and i highly doubt it will happen in the next 2
years with someone using Maya.

Chris