From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of David Saber
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:22 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: new Q&A with AD

So if I understand correctly, Softimage is dead because of an AD mistake, right?
AD buys Softimage, puts all its developers on this new technology called
Skyline. They keep Softimage in life support, knowing it will be "replaced"
some day by all this new tech. The community is worried with the lack of
development and keeps asking what's the roadmap for Soft, to no avail. Then AD
realizes Skyline wasn't a good idea. So they kill all these new tech plans. And
as Softimage has no more future replacement, they just kill it as well.
And now we all benefit from these superb strategies.

if I didn't get this right, perhaps somebody at Autodesk could answer some very
important questions asked by Arvid (they went unnoticed I guess):
"Maurice, could you explain this, either XSI was supposed to be part of the now
failed project Skyline - or it was never meant to be kept alive, but only
bought up for its resources to then be moved into project Skyline and other
parts of AD M&E. Which one is it?
Follow-up question, if it was the first option, how come XSI was never heavily
marketed anywhere for this purpose? If it was the second, would you agree that
you were not completely open with your intentions 5 years ago?"

David