A survey (maybe a Survey Monkey) type of thing were the answers could be
collated would be helpful to them?
Then those of us who are interested in answering the survey could do it
easily, and Autodesk could easily mine the data.

Now, as to HOW you do a survey of something as complicated as Maya or
Softimage, I have no idea.

But maybe there is a way that I am not seeing, or maybe Autodesk has this
info in a form that could be dumped into a spreadsheet/survey form
where users could vote, comment etc. Then it isn't a matter of sifting
through mountains of emails.

Anyone  have any idea if what I am suggesting is even possible (or for that
matter, a good idea)?

Perry

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Alastair Hearsum <hear...@glassworks.co.uk
> wrote:

>  Hi Joseph
>
> I know 5 is a short list. Of course it is. I'm with you on that. The
> intent was to prick the interest of the developers and not put them off
> with mountains of stuff that they had to wade through. I don't know if its
> the right thing to do. Maybe they'll see a few key things popping up with
> regularity and be prompted to invite a core group of users to consult with
> them.
>

> Alastair
>

>  Alastair Hearsum
>  Head of 3d
> [image: GLASSWORKS]
>  33/34 Great Pulteney Street
> London
> W1F 9NP
> +44 (0)20 7434 1182
> glassworks.co.uk <http://www.glassworks.co.uk/>
>  Glassworks Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found at glassworks.co.uk
>  (Company registered in England with number 04759979. Registered office 25
> Harley Street, London, W1G 9BR. VAT registration number: 867290000)
>  Please consider the environment before you print this email.
>  DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and attachments are strictly privileged, private
> and confidential and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s). Any
> views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
> necessarily represent those of the Company. If you are not the intended
> recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that
> any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If this transmission is received in error please
> kindly return it to the sender and delete this message from your system.
>  On 25/03/2014 14:24, Ponthieux, Joseph G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES] wrote:
>
>  1.       Selection contexts need to be corrected for natural
> workflow.(change it to the Source(first) -> Target(second) method rather
> than second selected item follows first selected item)
>
> 2.       All selection contexts need to be synchronized to work the same
> way.
>
> a.       For example, Parenting and constraints should be the same way
> and Attach to Motion Path selection method should be made rigid, and in the
> same context as constrain, rather than dual context.
>
> 3.       Outliner and Attribute editor(and all other primary windows)
> need dedicated hotkeys (some of these primary windows don't have hotkeys
>  yet the PaintFx panel does?)
>
> 4.       Get rid of option box as a "differentiating command", use it as
> an option setting for command repeat strictly:
>
> a.       For example, freezing transforms needs to be broken into
> multiple commands just like hiding/showing. There are almost 70 hide/show
> commands, but only one Freezing command? This is a classic example of the
> inconsistencies that Maya is riddled with.
>
> 5.       Hiding/Showing needs a toggle command to hide/show in the same
> [...]

Perry Harovas
Animation and Visual Effects

http://www.TheAfterImage.com <http://www.theafterimage.com/>

-25 Years Experience
-Member of the Visual Effects Society (VES)