We have needed to do just this, ship hard drives to and from our clients
and it still sucks. 3 TB of data doesn't just come online instantly once it
is in the building.

But yea... scaling past your capacity is one of the major points for us
too. It still has a cost that needs to be evaluated per site and to Jordi's
point it still isn't so clear what was the right choice. If the internet
connectivity issue for our region was a non issue, I would be jumping for
joy :)