Ya Vancouver is quite small so laying fiber was, I think, much easier and
cost effective than in other cities.  How you are physically connected to
the data center will drastically change how you approach cloud rendering.
We're waiting for a new center to come online closer to us, even with the
PoP we suspect latency will be too high to use NFS mounts when the center
is somewhere in the midwest.