> On 24.03.2017, at 10:45, Olivier Jeannel <facialdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seems they fixed all this naming, note and coloring in the 16. If someone can
> confirm.

Yes, the pre H16 node editor annoyances were mostly addressed in H16. Also,
navigating large SOP networks, or networks in generell is made much easier by
using quickmarks. And don’t forget the birds eye overview.

One of our Softimage look devs hated the fact, that you had to click first then
connect with nodes. This was also addressed in H16 in which you can now click
and drag to connect nodes.

Some of these worklfow issues seem so obvious that it’s easily aggravating that
they are absent. However, if you look into the lifetime of a product it becomes
clear that focus was somewhere else. But recent releases have shown that SESI
tries to do better in these areas as well.

I’ve praised SESI support so many times in the past and it’s repeated
throughout the Houdini community. Take a minute or two and write down a
worklfow or feature request and file it with support. Each Houdini release
resembles a lot of these requests.

DOP, SOP, Hooray :D

Andy