When I'm scripting, and testing I usually have both hands on the keyboard,
so Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Enter has been the less painful workflow I've found.

Well, that or use Sublime, which was fine but didn't work quite well on
multiple instances of Maya. I think I'm going to try a few more IDEs.
Charcoal looks good.