Dear all,

This version is almost Ok. I still have two comments:

(1) Malformed DHCP answers sent by the DHCP Server:

The I-D restricts the server to convey only on FQDN in the AFTR-Name. Then, it
is coherent for the client to not accept an AFTR-Name which conveys several
FQDN since this is a malformed message. I understand picking the first FQDN in
the list is pragmatic but this is not coherent with the scope of this option:
convey one single FQDN in one single option occurrence.

I suggest to change

"It SHOULD NOT permit the configuration of multiple names within one
   AFTR-Name option."

"It MUST NOT permit the configuration of multiple names within one
   AFTR-Name option."

And

"
   If the client receives more than one AFTR-Name option, it MUST use
   only the first instance of that option.

   If the AFTR-Name option contains more than one FQDN, as distinguished
   by the presence of multiple root labels, the client MUST use only the
   first FQDN listed in configuration.
"

To "If the DHCP Client receives more than one AFTR-Name option or if the
AFTR-Name option contains more than one FQDN, the DHCP Client MUST ignore the
received AFTR-Name option(s))".

(2) Multi-interface use case: this text has been introduced in 07:

"   Note that a client may have multiple network interfaces, and these
   interfaces may be configured differently; some may be connected to
   networks that call for DS-Lite, and some may be connected to networks
   that are using normal dual stack or other means.  The client should
   consider the above on an interface-by-interface basis.  For example,
   if the client is attached to multiple networks that provide the AFTR
   Name option, then the client MUST configure a tunnel for each
   interface separately as each DS-Lite tunnel provides IPv4
   connectivity for each distinct interface."

The text does not elaborate on how an interface is identified and how the
server/client will proceed to enforce the received configuration for the
appropriate interface. BTW, this issue is not specific to DS-Lite and it is
generic to any MIFed device.

Other complications may raise in a multi-interface context. This is what is
supposed to be solved by MIF WG.

I suggest to remove this text from the I-D or to add a statement that
multi-interface considerations are out of scope and are handled in MIF.

Cheers,
Med