In your previous mail you wrote:

>        (*) Question 1: It is not clear in text if there is a second NAT
>        in the AFTR or not.  Could you please confirm/infirm a second NAT
>        is present?
>

>  in sd-nat, packets originated by an sd-CPE will be 'shaped' to use the
>  correct IPv4 address and port by the CPE before being encapsulated in
>  IPv6. In that scenario, the AFTR decapsulate the traffic, check IPv4
>  address & port range are indeed assigned to that IPv6 user, then
>  forward the packet. There is only one level of NAT, done by the CPE

=> this means the port range will be visible as it in the Internet,
IMHO this is not acceptable. And IMHO it is not the job of the SD-CPE
(i.e., it is the SD-CGN one) to translate the port range to something
far harder to track/trace.

>  In 'compatibility' mode, if the CPE fails to enforce the proper port
>  range, the AFTR will perform a second level of NAT.

=> if I understand well the compatibility mode is just the standard
DS-Lite where the B4 performs spurious and useless translation?
So in particular the only change for the AFTR is the customer IPv4
address?

>        (*) Question 2: If yes, is there any reason why you want to
>        maintain that second NAT?
>

>  in SD-nat, the 2nd NAT is only there to enable 'legacy' DS-Lite CPEs
>  or DS-lite + B4 translated CPEs to interoperate with stateless DS-Lite
>  CPEs.

=> I believe it is more 'to be supported' than 'to interoperate with
stateless DS-Lite CPEs.

>     (2) Unlike draft-penno-*, draft-cui-* does not mandate any proffered
>     provisioning means for port ranges; a list of alternatives is
>     provided in draft-cui-* without any preference (this is deployment-
>     specific):
>
>     o DHCPv4: the DHCPv4 protocol should be extended to support
>        port-set allocation
>        [I-D.bajko-pripaddrassign<http://tools.ietf.org/html/
>        draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-05#
>        ref-I-D.bajko-pripaddrassign>].
>        Besides, the DHCP message should send to the concentrator over
>        IPv6.  The concentrator can be the DHCP server or DHCP relay
>        agent[I-D.ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6].

=> the IPv6-Transport DHCP Relay Agent (TRA, vs, the CRA, IPv6-Transport
Client Relay Agent)

>     o PCP[I-D.ietf-pcp-base]: an initiator can launch multiple PCP
>        requests simultaneously to acquire a number ports within the
>        same IPv4 address,

=> I can't see how this has a real chance to work...

>  IMHO, not specifying the technology to get port range and living this
>  to implementation is a serious shortcoming.  We need to standardize
>  one method.

=> I agree (on the one method, *not* on the proposed method).

Thanks

francis.dup...@fdupont.fr