Med: I'm sorry to say this is not true. Please read:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-05#section-5.
Four provisioning alternatives are listed there. If the WG want to make a
decision on the ** mandatory ** one, this will be reflected in future version
of the document.