On 6/7/2012 10:08 AM, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM,<mohamed.boucad...@orange.com>  wrote:
Hi Woj,

DS-Lite terminology is used in the sense that an IPv4 receiver is delivered
(IPv4) multicast content (from an IPv4 source) over an IPv6 network.

The generic use case as described in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-v4v6-mcast-ps-00#section-3.1 is
called 4-6-4. I personally agree to change the title to reflect this.

The document does not make any assumption about the location of AFTR and
mAFTR: deployment considerations are out of scope. FWIW, mAFTR is defined as
follows:

    o  Multicast AFTR (mAFTR): is a functional entity which supports
       IPv4-IPv6 multicast interworking function (refer to Figure 3).  It
       receives and encapsulates the IPv4 multicast packets into IPv4-in-
       IPv6 packets and behaves as the corresponding IPv6 multicast
       source for the encapsulated IPv4-in-IPv6 packets.

If you still think mAFTR terminology is confusing, we can change it to mBR
(for multicast Border Router), 64mBR (IPv6/IPv4 Multicast Border Router),
mIXF (multicast Interconnection Function), etc.

So you are saying that this draft does not correspond to
Multicast extensions for DS-Lite?

I sent a separate review, but anyway, it is not an extension to
DS-Lite as I see it. It is a completely generic approach for
tunneling v6 through v4. It can certainly be deployed in DS-Lite
scenarios, but it is much more generic. I would like the title and
the text to reflect that.

Stig

Behcet