On Feb 17, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Jamie Johnson wrote:

> Thanks Sami, so long at it's expected ;)

Yeah, its expected - we always use both the live nodes info and state to
determine the full state for a shard.

> In regards to the replication not working the way I think it should,
> am I missing something or is it simply not working the way I think?

This should work - in fact I just did the same testing this morning.

Are you indexing while you bring the shard down and then up (it should still
work fine)?
Or do you stop indexing, bring down the shard, index, bring up the shard?

How far out of sync is it?

When exactly is this build from?

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Sami Siren <ssi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Jamie Johnson <jej2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> and having looked at this closer, shouldn't the down node not be
>>> marked as active when I stop that solr instance?
>>
>> Currently the shard state is not updated in the cloudstate when a node
>> goes down. This behavior should probably be changed at some point.
>>
>> --
>>  Sami Siren

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com