Nodding, Carrhae visibly relaxed.  Investigating one of her oldest friends
was a distasteful task that she could only handle behind the mantle of
"Admiral t'Llhweiir."  For now, she could rest its weight and try to enjoy
a few moments with Matt.

She rose from her seat and walked the short distance to his chair.
Standing before him, she offered her hand.  "I have missed you, Matthew,"
she said.

He took the hand, and then pulled her into his lap, circling his arms around her and 
holding her close.  "Don't take my coming after you as any kind of macho thing.  I 
didn't for a moment think that you weren't able to take care of yourself.  But both 
Nabru and I had a bad feeling about it and while I admit that at times my 'bad 
feelings' are simply baseless worry, I have not yet been given reason to question 
hers."

Reply via email to