> He took the hand, and then pulled her into his lap, circling his arms around her 
and
> holding her close.  "Don't take my coming after you as any kind of macho thing.  I
> didn't for a moment think that you weren't able to take care of yourself.  But both
> Nabru and I had a bad feeling about it and while I admit that at times my 'bad
> feelings' are simply baseless worry, I have not yet been given reason to question
> hers."

"Perhaps Fox and I would have escaped the bar without your help, but we
would not have been able to stop the smugglers without you," Carrhae
replied.  She leaned in and gave Matt a long, intense kiss.  When it
broke, she whispered, "I was pleased to see you then, and I am pleased to
be with you now."

He stood, lifting her in his arms as he did so.  "Let's go take advantage of our 
aloneness, then," he said, carrying her toward the back rooms.

(that's probaly about enough for the list as a whole, eh?) 

Until....
***

Two hours later, as they lay in the quiet, his arms wrapped around her as he 
snuggled against her back, he whispered into her ear, "Any idea, yet, where we're 
going with this?"

(eh?)

He chuckled softly.  "Sam asked me my intentions with you," he told her.

Reply via email to