"Lynn, never mind. We will talk in a while. Hold my calls please."
Lasiter called to his receptionist through the open doors.
"Please come in, and make your selves comfortable. Dr. Brennan, first I
would like to thank you for the sleeping medicine last night. It was the best
thing any doctor has ever done for me. But, I have some news. News that you
both should hear. I think that I have figured out why I have been having
nightmares about the shooting at DS9."
"I'm glad I could help, Sir," he said. "What can we help you with now?"
"Here, look" Lasiter said transfering the video he was viewing from his
terminal to the large view screen in his office.
"This is from the security recordings on DS9 from just prior to the
shooting, until about 4 minutes after." He hit play and they watched the
entire scene, including the CinC getting shot, and the barage of phaser fire
that came from the security detail in responce.
Lasiter rewound it to just after the shooter was shot. "See he appears to be
Cardassian. However, something never seemed quite right with the entire
thing. You may have noticed that I lost consciousness just after the
'Cardassian' shooter was shot and fell from the upper Promenade deck. I saw
him hit the deck, and....."
Lasiter moved over to the screen. "Computer enlarge and enhance the section
previously scanned."
With that the computer centered on the fallen Cardassian, and the forming pool
of blood on the deck.
"A good night sleep, helped me sort it out. There is a big problem here with
this picture. The blood on the deck is the wrong color for a Cardassian.
This was a frame up job, and an assassination attempt of a different sort."
Matt was thinking the same thing. "I don't suppose we still have the assassin's
body where we can do a post mortem on it?"
(eh?)