Jan Pazdziora wrote:
I'd consider it a feature. The developer should tag the package when
he/she feels it is reasonably stable to be built into -candidate.
There is however nothing wrong with the developer pushing their work
to the public repo (for others to see and work on), even if the thing
is not yet stable enough to be usable.

That is probably OK with small packages (like nocpulse-common), but it do not work with main packages (like java), which are usually rebuild only once just before the final release. Therefore nobody can test it.

Why do you want to build packages from state when they were not tagged
(= signed off by developer)? Just wait for the developer to make
tag(-minor)-release.

That is for what people create nightly builds.
You do not want it? Do not use it and wait for QA repo.
You want test even partial work. Use it.
And the code in git should work. If it do not work, why did you push it there in first place.
But again the main reason is stated in my first paragraph of this email.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat