Hey folks,

> On 12 Mar 2020, at 10:08 pm, Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> That sounds like a huge amount of great work.

Agreed. Fantastic work.

> By the time Spacewalk 2.11 is ready for release (or even Spacewalk
> 2.10 for that matter!), RHEL 6 will be EOL (EOL is in November!), so I
> think it's fine to move up the bar to EL7 and higher.

I agree with this too: from an Oracle Linux perspective, we're probably going
to just stick with the 2.7 or 2.9 client when we ship the 2.10 server because
we hit end of production phase for OL6 in March 2021.

Thus, there is no real need for a newer 2.10 client for the older release.
Getting the EL7 and higher clients updated for Python 3 is fine, as RHEL7 (and
its clones) all have Python 3.6 at least.

Just my 0.02c.

Cheers,
Avi

--