Hello all,

just to give you an update: I now have Spacewalk 8 installing and running on
CentOS 8.

I have created pull requests for all my modifications.

Couple of issues I noticed straight away:
- When installing the setup packages, some dependencies seem to be not
automatically installing (spacewalk-selinux, taskomatic,...)
- the password field at the first registration. It does not show a green tick
when the password is OK. (optical issue)
- The overview page is pretty empty. Not sure if this is just due to an empty
system or of this is an issue.
- When creating a repo, CSRF token issues/403 show up. I expect these things to
show up at some places then.

Clicking through the rest, I do not see any issues on the pages at first glance.

To try this yourself, get started with a minimal CentOS 8 in 12 lines:

systemctl disable firewalld; systemctl stop firewalld         # no need to play
with individual ports
dnf config-manager  --add-repo https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sbluhm
       # packages that still need to be put to COPR
echo "gpgcheck=0" >> /etc/yum.repos.d/raw.githubusercontent.com_sbluhm.repo
dnf -y copr enable sbluhm/python-packages; dnf -y copr enable
sbluhm/java-packages     # stuff to move to spacewalkproject
dnf -y copr enable sbluhm/nightly             # as soon as the official nightly
builds with my pull requests, I will update this section
dnf -y config-manager --enable PowerTools
dnf -y module enable javapackages-tools:201801/common
dnf -y install epel-release langpacks-en langpacks-de glibc-all-langpacks
      # without the langpacks, Postgresql will not run.
dnf -y update python3-dmidecode                      # own version required to
install python2-dmicode
rpm -e yum                                           # remove yum 4 to install
yum 3
dnf -y install spacewalk-setup spacewalk-setup-postgresql tomcat
osa-dispatcher spacewalk-search spacewalk-backend-sql-postgresql
spacewalk-taskomatic spacewalk-java spacewalk-java-postgresql spacewalk-selinux
# not all dependencies are strangely installed so doing it all here.
spacewalk-setup

You can visit my personal project note to get the latest working installation
instructions (currently same as above):
https://www.bluhm-de.com/content/os-tools/en/applications/spacewalk/installing-spacewalk-nightly-on-centos8-rhel8.html

Open topics:
- How will the Spacewalk Project continue?
- Remove Python 2 scripts.
- Update to latest/newer required packages if possible.
- Test for non-working items
- Update package requirements/dependencies in the spec files.
- Add official RH Java packages to copr/java-packages. How would we go about
that?.
- Add official RH Python packages to copr/python. How would we go about that?.
- Add spec files of modified packages to spacewalkproject/spec-tree.

Best wishes,

Stefan