Bruce – thank you for the hint to just disable the repos – of course, now that
you mention it its crystal clear ☺

Isaac

From: spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Bruce Wainer
Sent: Montag, 12. Februar 2018 16:53
To: spacewalk-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Fix yum repo definitions on spacewalk clients

The yum-rhn-plugin loads them directly from Spacewalk I believe, or maybe its
cached during an rhn_check - not sure which. That is why when you run any Yum
command it prints out the line about "This server is receiving updates from a
Spacewalk system" or something like that (don't have a terminal open right
now). By the way, don't delete your .repo files, because updates to things like
epel-release, zfs-release, etc will just create them again. Instead, disable
all of the repos. This is what I run on each system as part of my registration
process:

#sed -i 's/enabled=1/enabled=0/' /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo

Bruce Wainer

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM, Isaac Hailperin