http://spacewalk-list.redhat.narkive.com/aBoQIh6I/rhn-check-fails

snippet --> As of 02/13/2018 --> We have not found a better solution..

We ran into issues where "yum update" updated the centos-release RPM,
which in turn would push updated .repos to /etc/yum.repos.d/. This would
cause a similar issue to the errors described.

The solution we came up with, was to put the following in the post section
of the default kickstart: If there is a better idea, I am all ears.

mkdir -p /some/where/
echo "reposdir=" /some/where/" >> /etc/yum.conf

Some benefits, by doing this has been that 3rd party vendor apps that
install their own /etc/yum.repos.d/ will not cause any delays or issues
with running yum commands (if they cannot reach the site). If the client
is able to reach the site, then a request process will move the 3rd party
.repo in /some/where.

Thanks and good luck