I have heard this question answered over and over. I think the question is
being misinterpreted (or not asked correctly, whatever the case may be.)

I believe people see SpamCop as a punishment against spammers. If they
submit themselves to SpamCop accidently, is there any penalty for being
listed as a Spammer in SpamCop's database? How many times must I submit my
own e-mail before my domain's score goes up and SpamCop starts blocking my
e-mail from all my own recipients? Is there some way to vindicate myself? To
mark myself innocent or correct my mistake in SpamCop's database?

I admit I reported myself once. I provide web hosting for customers, and I
tell them to forward spam to me, where I then submit them to SpamCop. One of
the customers left his signature at the end of his spam when he forwarded
it, and I forgot to remove it and accidently submitted it as spam. (You'd
think I would know better. But I sometimes find myself reporting hundreds of
spam.) I received the SpamCop letter myself and proceeded to mark it as
innocent. However, I still don't know if any damage was done. This is why I
think I understand this letter, because those questions were going through
my own mind.

Ronald Rand


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to