Eliza,

There is a javascript check in the viewer the periodically checks to see if
the file on the server has changed relative to what is being displayed.
What the message indicates is that it was unable to retrieve the timestamp
for the file.  This shouldn't be too significant of a problem as you still
should be able to view the file.

There can be a number of different reasons for the file check to fail.
Probably the first place to look at is the apache log files -- your server
may be blocking HEAD requests, or the URL to the file may be incorrect.

-Joe

Joe Slagel
Institute for Systems Biology
jsla...@systemsbiology.org