I wanted to provide an update. First, it appears that the export mgf
function from within peak view isn't very good and talking to AB folks
it seems more like a left over beta function. Second, the AB folks
have unanimously confirmed that the mascot.dlll script shouldn't be
used in this case (Analyst TF 1.5 with TripleTOF data), and based on
the resulting mgfs and mascot results, I agree. Lastly, I was able to
join the beta and the converter has the ability to easily generate an
mgf which is exactly what proteinpilot then sends to the Mascot
server, albeit without any profile data. It also has an option to make
an mzML which works great, only takes about 30 minutes, and results in
a ~2 GB file.

I am still struggling with how to get this mzML file to mzXML since
certain programs (Progenesis LC-MS, VIPER, MAVEN, etc.) take mzXML not
mzML. When I convert the mzML file with msconvert, so far it simply
stalls out though the file appears to be about 6GB large. If anyone
has any clue about this or would like an example mzML to play with,
please let me know.

Thanks again for all the helpful feedback, especially about the beta.