Well maybe this is a common problem. Like most other people, I did
everything according to the script, but without success. However, the
process bombed out in a way that I've not seen described elsewhere.

Modprobe couldn't find the n_hdlc module. 

I'm a bit uncertain about this as I'm running Redhat Enterprise 3 Linux,
which is about as recent as distros get and SOME Speedtouch documentation
says this is already in recent kernels.

Anyhow, I hunted down n_hdlc.c.diff and attempted to apply the patch. Here's
what I got:



[EMAIL PROTECTED] src]# patch -p1 --dry-run <
/home/bill/speedtouch/src/n_hdlc.c.diff
can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|*** linux/drivers/char/n_hdlc.c        Fri Feb  9 20:30:22 2001
|--- linux-2.4.3/drivers/char/n_hdlc.c  Tue May  1 17:25:06 2001
--------------------------
File to patch:



Am I doing something fundamentally dumb? 





Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to