> uname -r
>  will show your running kernel version
2.4.22-1.2115.nptl

> lsmod | grep usb
>  will show what usb driver you use. If nothing is display, you need
> before
> to solve this issue.
usb-storage            75136   1
scsi_mod              107080   4  [sg sd_mod usb-storage]
usb-ohci               21160   0  (unused)
usbcore                78368   1  [usb-storage hid ehci-hcd usb-ohci]

> Try
> modprobe usbcore
> on of the three drivers usb-uhci usb-ohci usb-ehci need to be loaded too
> with modprobe
>
> next you need to mount usbdevfs with
> mount -n -t usbdevfs usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb
mount : usbdevfs déjà monté ou /proc/bus/usb occupé
mount : selon mtab, usbdevfs est déjà monté sur /proc/bus/usb

Here it is the result that seems good ... for me !
Thanxes
Eric