Hi Gilles

Well, here are the results of the checks you asked:

desktop:~$ cat /proc/net/atm/speedtch:0
Speed Touch USB  (usb-0000:00:03.0-1)
MAC: 00:90:d0:37:b0:ab
AAL5: tx 0 ( 0 err ), rx 0 ( 0 err, 0 drop )
Line up

desktop:~$ find /proc/net/atm -exec cat {} \;
cat: /proc/net/atm: Is a directory
Speed Touch USB  (usb-0000:00:03.0-1)
MAC: 00:90:d0:37:b0:ab
AAL5: tx 0 ( 0 err ), rx 0 ( 0 err, 0 drop )
Line up
IPitf TypeEncp Idle IP address      ATM address
Address Itf VPI VCI   Fam Flags Reply Send buffer     Recv buffer
[refcnt]
Itf VPI VCI           State      Remote
Itf VPI VCI   AAL RX(PCR,Class) TX(PCR,Class)
Itf Type    ESI/"MAC"addr AAL(TX,err,RX,err,drop) ...               [refcnt]
0 speedtch0090d037b0ab  0 ( 0 0 0 0 0 )  5 ( 0 0 0 0 0 )      [1]

Roger.