Chrissy, I wouldn't worry about the question about whether you know how to drive a Spit. I remember one list member (can't remember who) who was selling his car taking a prospective buyer for a drive, and the buyer asked what that stick in the middle was that he kept moving about!!!!
Even here in the UK (where manual gearboxes are very much the norm), if I was ever to sell my car (as if!!) I would ask a prospective buyer if s/he was familiar with older cars before letting them go for a test drive. Those who have never experienced a car without assisted brakes may soon find themselves in a ditch, if not expecting to have to press hard on the brake pedal. Your seller may have been being sexist, but he might just be wary. Off the top of my head I can think of 3 other regularly(-ish) contributing women on this list. Not a huge number, certainly, but at least you're not alone! And every one that joins re-dresses the balance just a little bit! I guess it is sad, but inevitable, that there will be people who can't handle the idea of a woman driving a Spitfire. I truly hope you find little, if any, of that here on this list. Richard & Daffy ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Important Notice: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged. If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender urgently and dispose of this email -----------------------------------------------------------exp. /// [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list /// Send admin requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// or try http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool /// Archives at http://www.team.net/archive /// Send list postings to [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.
