Hey, Jeff. I did most of the sewing around my house until my daughter caught up. Even now, I alter her clothes and am quite good at it. Mostly. Fortunately, I've become quite accustomed to ignoring the funny looks I get at fabric stores. (I also have a lot of fun sewing costumes for our dance company -- the most fun is when I'm stitching away and someone comes in who doesn't know I sew. LOL!!)
And I own a Spitfire, too. But it's not a sewing machine! Donald. > Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:55:16 -0500 > From: Jeff Gruber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Yes, men do own sewing machines. They're called Spitfires. > > At 01:40 PM 6/21/2002 -0400, Nolan Penney wrote: > >I know what you mean. Whenever I go into a fabric store I get weird > >responses. Sometimes men *do* own sewing machines! :) > > > > >>> Christine Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/21/02 09:44AM >>> > >I've also noticed that auto parts stores are weird about women...they > >either fall all over themselves to help me in a completely patronizing > >way, > >or they ignore me completely, like I must have wandered in by mistake > >on my > >way to shop for drapes. /// [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list /// Send admin requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// or try http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool /// Archives at http://www.team.net/archive /// Send list postings to [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.
