-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is a small bearing 1296 engine that is now equipped with a Lucas
Alternator. I have long suspected that the smaller pulley that was designed for use with the original generator is spinning the alternator slower than it
wants and therefore not putting out the kind of charge that it normally
would.

So, while I am in the market for a new pump, I decided to order one designed
for a later car with an alternator (larger pulley).

==AM==
Maybe I haven't had enough caffeine yet today, but wouldn't a small pulley turn FASTER than a larger one? Meanwhile, I also am not understanding how the size of the water pump pulley will affect the speed of the alternator, since the water pump pulley acts more as an idler pulley.

Off to refresh my tea.... ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>
________________________________________________________________________
Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to