Larry,

 I have already gotten all the information I can bear on the subject and the
amount of crow I have been eating is double the turkey I recently consumed.

I know am an expert on the relationship of pulley sizes in a system.

 

Thanks,

Joe

 

  _____  

From: Larry T [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 10:31 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Joe Curry
Subject: Spitfire Water pump

 

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:08:04 -0700
From: "Joe Curry" < <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Spitfire Water pump

This is a small bearing 1296 engine that is now equipped with a Lucas
Alternator.  I have long suspected that the smaller pulley that was designed
for use with the original generator is spinning the alternator slower than
it
wants and therefore not putting out the kind of charge that it normally
would.

Joe, I am having a little trouble understanding the bit about the larger
pulley. If you put a larger pully on the alternator, it will spin slower not
faster. for example, if you take an electric motor operating at 1800 rpm
with a 4 inch pulley and drive a fan that has a 2 inch pulley, the fan will
be operating at 3600 rpm.

 

Larry Ternowski

Langley BC

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to