From: "Forest Wilson" <cherokeefire...@aol.com>

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 02:12:16 To: <sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org>
Subject: Re: Residential systems in California

I can answer the license question. In oregon, where wirsbo systems are installed, you must be a licensed plumber. The plumbers union promotes this.

From: Jay Jay Blocker <fire_sprinkler...@yahoo.com>

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:52:54 To: <sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org>

Well its good to know that potter signal has information regarding how much
water a toilet uses.  Especially when there are high flow toilets and low flow
toilets and even high volume.  Its nice to know that they research life safety
and life relief.  LOL  I am just wandering how we could leave a connection for
a plumber to use to tie the sprinkler system to a toilet if he does not possess
the proper license.  Some jurisdictions require the company and tech to hold a
license to touch any part of a fire sprinkler system,  They sometimes require a
plumbing license to touch a toilet.  So the question is   does the sprinkler
tech have to gain a plumbing license or does the plumber get a fire sprinkler
license?  During the inspection would the tech have to inspect the interior of
the toilet?  What happens when a 3 year old boy figures out that moving that
handle up and down repeatedly moves alot of water (possibly more than 6gpm).
Does the
 toilet need a UL listing since its attached to a life safety system?  Maybe we should
paint the toilet red and put a sign on it saying "FOR EMERGENCY USE ONLY".  How
can we calc a toilet?  Any ideas on how often they will get used?  What about calcing it
if the user does a double flush.
Jeremy S. Blocker Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. --James Thurber