Joel, I think you're going to have to work with your AHJ to come up with an
acceptable solution.  Even though the IBC edition you're abiding by is
older, the latest edition provides the intent.  Work with your AHJ and use
all the tools at your disposal - especially the 2009 IBC.

For what it's worth, I completed a project about a year ago where the AHJ
determined that if there was no deck or similar projection above a given
deck/patio, then the sprinkler was not required.

Ed Kramer
Littleton, CO

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:sprinklerforum-
> [email protected]] On Behalf Of Joel Chaim
> Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 8:44 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: sprinkler heads in exterior decks or balconies
> 
> That's if all the decks are stacked in the same column, what do I do if
> it's
> on completely different areas?  which is always my case.
> 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to