Where I'm missing clarification is, how do I provide deck protection when I
place the sprinkler head under the it?

 

It says in the first sentence of the code (903.3.1.2.1 Balconies and decks.
"Sprinkler protection shall be provided for exterior balconies, decks and
ground floor patios of dwelling units where the building is of Type V
construction.) and then it explains how (Sidewall sprinklers that are used
to protect such areas shall be permitted to be located such that their
deflectors are within 1 inch (25 mm) to 6 inches (152 mm) below the
structural members and a maximum distance of 14 inches (356 mm) below the
deck of the exterior balconies and decks that are constructed of open wood
joist construction." [F])

 


 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to