From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Ron Greenman
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:41 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: 52,000 square feet

Statistically the single biggest reason for system failure is a closed valve
so multiple valving (zoning) is not the answer. I think the shut down for
maintenance system argument is the the area of spurious. What are the
numbers on this occurring? And although I agree with limitations making some
sort of sense just because without them abuse occurs, I think they do need
to be based on stats and per risk type (as Chris suggests) rather than on
how many heads the schedule (that is no longer used for the most part) goes
to.