On Wed, 15 Mar 2017, R Smith wrote:

What we do (typically), since SQLite supports C-type comment blocks /* ... */, is to add comment lines to the schema and they are preserved correctly. For example:

CREATE TABLE "test" (
 "ID" INTEGER /* Here we add column comments */,
 "Name" TEXT /* Note the comma is AFTER the comment */,
 "EMail" TEXT COLLATE NOCASE /* Username (Unique Key) */,
CONSTRAINT UI_test_EMail UNIQUE (EMail) /* This is an Index comment */
) /* and this is a Table comment, before the final semi-colon  */;

This will be kept exactly as-is in the SQL field of the schema table (main.sqlite_master) and is easy to parse out later, or use a standard tool

Are these comments loaded into memory used by each program which connects to the database? If so, more resources are consumed.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn