Behalf Of Simon Slavin
Sent: 11 January 2018 09:13
To: SQLite mailing list <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLite Application Server Concurrency

On 11 Jan 2018, at 9:06am, James Colehan <jcole...@gtt-training.com> wrote:

> My concern is that I have a requirement to query the database on PC 'X' from
> other PC's. Basically, performing (SELECT) statements from stations 'Y' and
> 'Z'. This creates a client/server situation that I appreciate SQLite is not
> appropriate choice of database for. I hope doing the (SELECT) only from the
> client will be a workable solution.

Can you set up a web-facing interface to do this ?  Do you know web programming
?

It can be done in many langauges.  A PHP backend which queries the database and
makes up a web page with the results is a very common way of doing it.  But you
can use node.js instead.

The idea is that instead of querying the database directly, the remote
computers pass the query to the host computer.

Simon.