Auftrag von James Colehan
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. Jänner 2018 10:07
An: sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] [sqlite] SQLite Application Server Concurrency

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on using SQLite for my given situation.

My system involves a windows network. On PC 'X', I have an SQLite database with
a process that handles amendment's to the database ie INSERTS, DELETES and
UPDATES. Also, on PC 'X' I have some other processes running that are
requesting data (SELECT) form the database. I have the Journal Mode set to WAL.
This all appears to work fine.

My concern is that I have a requirement to query the database on PC 'X' from
other PC's. Basically, performing (SELECT) statements from stations 'Y' and
'Z'. This creates a client/server situation that I appreciate SQLite is not
appropriate choice of database for. I hope doing the (SELECT) only from the
client will be a workable solution.

At the moment I have not encountered any problems. However, my concern is that
this maybe just luck and there is a potential of locking issues or database
corruption.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

James