Ryan.  The core and sqlite3_create_function...() needn't be burdened at all
except to store some very basic description strings as a compile time
option.

PRAGMA function_list() cold gather descriptions on the fly by:

1. Spinning through the list of registered %_function_description(F,N)
functions for each row, or

2. Spinning through a list of library module exports, say
sqlite3_<module>_function_description(F,N).

Modules implementing either interface could do so trivially with if
statements or with a binary search of hand sorted description array.

This enhancement is feasible, easy to implement, and would help
tremendously to see exactly how to call any function from the command line.

My question mainly was to find out if the idea was considered and if it is
on the roadmap along with the SQLITE_INTROSPECTION_PRAGMAS change.

Peter