On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 17:21:53 +0000
"Drago, William @ CSG - NARDA-MITEQ" <william.dr...@l3t.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I've been using/loving SQLite for years, but the use of open source software
> is highly discouraged where I work, and now I have to prove to our IT dept.
> that SQLite is reliable and secure. The reliable part is easy because there
> is enough information on the SQLite website about testing, but what about
> security? How can I convince the auditors that SQLite is not stealing
> corporate secrets and spreading viruses?

The open code is actually the only code that can be proofed to be secure. The
written guarantee is pointless actually because the malware is always
introduced in secret. The procedure is following:

1. Download the SQLite code from the official repository.
2. Audit the code in order to proof it does not contains
malware/spyware/security flaws.
3. Compile the code and link it against the dependencies proofed to be secure!
(this is important!)
4. You have SQLite proven to be secure.

The only problem is p.3, but if your company is so paranoid about security, you
already have audited the standard
C libraries.

http://fresh.flatassembler.net
http://asm32.info