On 5 Feb 2018, at 11:02pm, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 2/5/18, Drago, William @ CSG - NARDA-MITEQ <william.dr...@l3t.com> wrote:
>>
>> Most of the software we use here, Microsoft and other well-known and
>> paid-for products,
>
> You know that every copy of Windows comes with SQLite preinstalled,
> right?  C:\Windows\System32\winsqlite3.dll

And SQLite is used internally in several parts of Microsoft Office.  For
example, Outlook's database in Mac Office 365 is a SQLite database[1].  So if
corporate have okayed the use of Office they've okayed a use (though arguably
not general use) of SQLite.

Microsoft's own .NET library is Microsoft.Data.SQLite but not all of
Microsoft's own tools use it since it is part of a long dependency chain which
makes compiled apps rather large.

Simon.

Cite:
[1]