On 07 Oct 2019, at 17:19, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 7 October, 2019 07:17, Jose Isaias Cabrera <jic...@outlook.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have to ask this question:  Why is it that the date function does not
>>take a '4/5/2019' and returns '2019-04-05'?
>
> Because it does not.  Humans read things in big endian order.

No, we read them in order of importance. If someone asks what the date is, the
most useful answer is the day number of the month (not, for example, the year).
Equally, if asomeone asks what time of day it is, the most useful answer is the
hour (not, for example, the second). If someone asked me the date and time, I'd
hardly respond "It's 2019 and its 27 seconds past." Wouldn't be that useful,
now would it. So the most important item if first, then the others in
decreasing order of importance.

--
Cheers  --  Tim