Jens Alfke, on Monday, October 7, 2019 09:18 PM, wrote...
[clip]
> <grumpy>I swear, half the questions on this list build down to "Why doesn't
> SQLite act like MS Access?" If you need all the bells and whistles of
> formatting
> input and output, then use a fancy DBMS application. SQLite is for embedded
> use
> _inside_ applications.</grumpy>

No, that is not what I was trying to say or ask.  Not even close. What I was
trying to say, and most of you missed it was, that if I give date a date
format, and I also provide the format of how that date is to be understood, ie.

date('5/22/2019','m/d/yyyy')

where the date is the first entry, '5/22/2019', and the format is the second
entry, 'm/d/yyyy', that SQLite could take that set of data and easily convert
and return the ISO date I want.  Yes, I know I can write that outside the code,
or inside in SQL, but "it would be nice to have this."  Thanks for all the

josé