On 16 Apr 2016, at 8:25pm, Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am filling the database again, but now with text UUID instead of blob
> UUID. That takes a ?little? more time. When it is filled I try again.

I assume you're doing many INSERT commands between BEGIN and END.

> Have another problem also. My CPU is about 15%, but the load average is
> also about 15. (This is on a Linux system.) This results (sometimes) in a
> very sluggish system. Can the load be a SQLite problem, or is it a Java
> problem? (When the program is not running, the load average is a lot lower.)

SQLite is usually input/output bound (except sometimes when your database is in
memory).  It's running at the speed of your storage device.  It's normal to
find SQLite executing commands as fast as it can but plenty of CPU left over.

Simon.