jefrank17 wrote:
> I have version 7.7.2 running on a Windows 10 computer, connected to a
> Vortexbox server. See attachment for details taken from Logitech Media
> Server status. I would like to upgrade to the latest version. So which
> version of 7.9.0 is the right one for me?
>
> I know it runs in the browser on my Windows Computer. Where does it
> reside, in the browser, or if on my hard drive, which folder, or is it
> only on the internet?
>
> In LMS it only shows that version 7.7.5 is available. I tried to install
> that one and while it downloaded and installed, version 7.7.2 is still
> running. Is 7.7.5 the last one supported by Logitech and later versions
> will not show? Why isnt 7.7.5 running? Now I got 7.7.5 running but it
> cant find any of my players. It appears to have the wrong IP address but
> I dont see how to change it. What a mess.

you  need to install 7.9  in your vortexbox rather than your windows
machine.  Here's the instructions. This assumes you know how to access
the command line within your vortexbox using something like cryptoterm.
Once you login to your vortexbox, you'll do these commands to install
7.9 LMS.

Code:
--------------------
    yum clean all
  yum update
  reboot

--------------------

after reboot and restart:

Code:
--------------------

  rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver logitechmediaserver-CPAN
logitechmediaserver-vendor logitechmediaserver-firmware-ip3k
  cp -a /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs.rpmsave
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs
  yum install
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.9.0/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-1.noarch.rpm

--------------------

after install is done, do this:

Code:
--------------------

  systemctl start squeezeboxserver
  systemctl -l status squeezeboxserver
--------------------

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify