garym wrote:
> you  need to install 7.9  in your vortexbox rather than your windows
> machine.  Here's the instructions. This assumes you know how to access
> the command line within your vortexbox using something like cryptoterm.
> Once you login to your vortexbox, you'll do these commands to install
> 7.9 LMS.

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> after reboot and restart:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver logitechmediaserver-CPAN
logitechmediaserver-vendor logitechmediaserver-firmware-ip3k
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.9.0/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-1.noarch.rpm

--------------------

> after install is done, do this:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > systemctl start squeezeboxserver
  > systemctl -l status squeezeboxserver
--------------------

Gary, thanks for all the help but not working yet. I got Cryptoterm and
was able to log in. Then I copied and pasted your code directly in. Here
is a transcript of what happened. At that point, it would not let me
enter any further code. So I tried to manually reboot, then log in
again. Got the same errors. Perhaps directories on my machine are
different. Tell me how and I will print out a list of my directories or
whatever else you need to see.

---------------
Authentication: password.
Last login: Mon Mar 20 17:36:07 2017 from 192.168.1.19
[vortexbox.localdomain ~]# rpm -e --nodeps logitechmediaserver
logitechmediaserv
er-CPAN logitechmediaserver-vendor logitechmediaserver-firmware-ip3k
error: package logitechmediaserver-CPAN is not installed
error: package logitechmediaserver-vendor is not installed
error: package logitechmediaserver-firmware-ip3k is not installed
[vortexbox.localdomain ~]# cp -a
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs.rp
msave /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs
cp: cannot stat `/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs.rpmsave':
No such
file or directory
[vortexbox.localdomain ~]#